Alerts in SmartLink represent changes in the controller or weather station (SLW). These changes may or may not require that you take action. Following are some descriptions of what has changed in the system and some actions which might be necessary as a result.
Zone / Valve Short
The Controller has identified a high current draw on the identified zone. The zone indicated will be skipped in the watering cycles, until the problem is fixed.
- Defective valve solenoid or field wiring issue
Pump / Master Valve Short
The Controller has identified a high current draw on the Pump/Master valve. All watering cycles will be skipped until the problem is fixed.
- Defective master valve solenoid, pump start relay or field wiring issue
Station Module Failure
The controller has detected a station module has failed. Results in "0 zones" message when dial is turned to Zone Run Times.
- Station module has failed and must be replaced
In Auto Adjust mode, the deficit (accumulated watering need) for the indicated zone, exceeds the maximum allowable amount of 1.5 inches.
- Programming related issues such as: Omit Days, Omit Times, allowable water days, or incorrect Auto-Adjust settings
Weather Station Low Battery
Low battery voltage detected in the SLW weather station.
- Replace battery(s) in weather station
Weather Station Communication Error
Weather station failed to communicate with controller. The controller will continue to operate in Auto Adjust mode, calculating run times as normal, for 5 consecutive days without communication. After 5 days, controller will automatically change to Standard mode and begin watering based on standard run times. After 5 days, you will also receive a NORMAL to NONE SLW error indicating there is no SLW attached and steps must be taken to re-sync devices.
- Localized interference with communications
- Power outage at controller
- Insufficient battery power in weather station
- For hard wired models, wire path may be damaged
Status Change - Weather Station Sensor
Status of the SLW weather station sensor has changed to rain, freeze, or delay.
If the Weather station fails to communicate for 5 days, the SLW status will indicate a change from NORMAL to NONE, indicating a loss of comm and a need to investigate cause.
Status Change - Internal Sensor Loop
The controllers optional Sensor port registers an open circuit.
- Optional sensor device has tripped at internal sensor terminals. This will stop any currently operating programs and future operation until cleared.
- Sensor wire loop has been removed from SEN terminals
Status Change – Run / System Off
Controller dial has been turned from previous position. Or controller has been set to Remote Off through Smartlink.
For Run to System Off, controller dial has to be returned to RUN for proper operation. Manual Programs can be started thorough the network even when dial is in OFF position.
Status Change - Run to Remote Off
Controller has been sent the remote off command (99 day rain delay) through the smartlink network. This command can only be set online.
Status Change - Remote off to Rain Delay
This alert occurs when the Remote off reaches day 14 on the countdown. This alerts the user to a pending change and they can allow it to expire or re-send a remote off command. If no action is taken, the controller will resume operation at the end of the rain delay. You can check the remaining days of a rain delay in the advanced section.
Status Change – Auto Adjust / Standard
The controllers Program mode has been changed.
- From Auto adjust to standard, ET based run times are no longer applicable and controller will operate on standard programming
Status Change – Active/Bypass
The controllers Sensor mode has been changed.
- If change is to Bypass, the controller will continue to operate during rain or freeze events that may occur.
Aircard Communication Error
Smartlink Aircard failed to communicate. This does not necessarily effect the operation of the controller. The network will continue to attempt to communicate daily.
- Localized interference with cellular network
- No power to controller
- Aircard is unplugged
- Panel door is not securely closed