Minimum Deficit is the minimum amount of Deficit ET (displayed in inches) that needs to accumulate before the SmartLine controller will run an ET–based schedule. Deficit ET is the amount of water that needs to be replaced to plants due to water loss through evapotranspiration – evaporation from soil and transpiration from plants. Your SmartLine controller will calculate the water deficit each day at 11:50 pm based on data communicated to it by the SLW series weather station. Deficit ET will continue to accumulate until the Minimum Deficit is reached before applying the next scheduled watering cycle and will return to a zero reading when watering is finished. The setting is global for all zones in SMART Mode. The range for the global setting is 0.00 to 0.50 inches. The factory default is 0.15 inches.
Articles in this section
- Does the SL1600/1620 have a ribbon cable?
- What does the PAUSE indication mean on my SmartLine controller?
- When does my SmartLine controller update watering times?
- Does Auto-Adjust change my watering days or start times for the watering cycle?
- How do I modify the Auto-Adjust watering times in my SmartLine controller?
- How do I start a manual watering program in my SmartLine controller?
- Why do I need to enter zone run times if I am using Auto-Adjust watering?
- Will Auto-Adjust change the watering days and start times I have selected?
- How can I check how many minutes Auto-Adjust is watering each zone?
- Will Auto-Adjust calculate a run time that would cause me to violate a local watering regulation?