The battery icon in the display indicates to different setting based on the dial position. When the dial is in the SMART (Auto-Adjust) position, the battery icon reflects the battery strength of the SLW weather station. When the dial is in all other positions, the battery icon reflects the strength of the 9V battery installed in the access compartment in the back of the panel. SmartLine Controllers use a Real Time Clock/Calendar instead of a backup battery to maintain correct time during a power outage. For the SL1600, SL4800, and SL9600TW the display will show a blank battery icon in the display until/unless a battery is installed in the controller. Battery usage is only necessary for programming when the control panel is removed.
Articles in this section
- Does the SL1600/1620 have a ribbon cable?
- What does the PAUSE indication mean on my SmartLine controller?
- When does my SmartLine controller update watering times?
- Does Auto-Adjust change my watering days or start times for the watering cycle?
- How do I modify the Auto-Adjust watering times in my SmartLine controller?
- How do I start a manual watering program in my SmartLine controller?
- Why do I need to enter zone run times if I am using Auto-Adjust watering?
- Will Auto-Adjust change the watering days and start times I have selected?
- How can I check how many minutes Auto-Adjust is watering each zone?
- Will Auto-Adjust calculate a run time that would cause me to violate a local watering regulation?