Flow Aircard Troubleshooting Steps
A. What's the distance between flow sensor and aircard?
- Type of wire being used as communication wire?
- Gauge: ______________________
- Type: _______________________
- Length: _____________________
- Any splices? Waterproof splices at ends and any splice in between?
B. Ohmn out the wire path
- Disconnect from aircard and tie these together.
- Disconnect at flow sensor.
i. 10 ohms or less is desirable
C. Test the hardware
- Turn water off.
- Disconnect the red and black wire connections at the flow sensor.
- Remove flow sensor insert from the tee.
- Disconnect the flow sensor wires from the AirCard.
- Attach the flow sensor wires directly to the AirCard. The red wire to the red wire and the corresponding black wire to the black wire.
- Turn a zone on either at the controller panel or from SmartLink.
- Spin the paddle wheel on the flow sensor for one minute, or at least longer than the line fill time that is published on the controller's page from SmartLink.
- When complete, press the Receive Command from the controller page from SmartLink.
- Look for flow data under the current average column from the controller's flow tab on SmartLink.
- If flow numbers exist, there is an issue in the connecting flow cable.
- If there is no flow data under the current average column, contact Weathermatic Support.
D. If flow records inconsistency, verify proper distances of downstream and upstream straight pipe. If Data Industrial, verify proper depth of flow sensor.