AT&T has been progressively turning off 2G cell towers in the US on a regional basis as part of data migration to 3G. If your GSM aircard was connecting primarily to an AT&T tower and does not have a T-Mobile tower nearby for good connection, you may be off-line at this time. If you believe you are experiencing this issue, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our support desk for a resolution.
Articles in this section
- SmartLink Remote App for iOS - Missing Controllers and Non-Connect - Resolved 9/8
- Aircards not Communicating - Australia - Resolved 9/3/14
- Real Time Flow enabled Aircards - Some Zones report erroneous flow - Resolved
- Aircards not Communicating US - AT&T Issue
- Aircards not communicating DFW - Resolved 9/20
- Email Invitations Issue - Resolved 9/15